Re: Berkeley Pi: Meeting live now May 3 2020

On Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 12:07:27 PM UTC-7, trl wrote:
Go here https://meet.jit.si/berkeleypi
I am also virtually at SFLUG so my attention is divided.

Have had problems before with using Jit.si when using it with Firefox.
After a certain number of Jit.si users are on simultaneously (perhaps after 15
users, perhaps 20 or more users), Jit.si slows down for all and the number of
dropouts noticeably increases.
Maybe this is directly/indirectly related to Bug #4758 on Jitsi Meet support for Firefox
(and other non-Chrome browsers) https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/4758 ??)

In any case, when I tried to enter the Berkeley Pi meetup link https://meet.jit.si/berkeleypi
at the same time I was participating in SF-LUG's virtual meeting yesterday, under
Firefox-ESR, error messages came up in the jit.si window that my video camera was
unrecognizable. The Privacy and Security Preferences under Firefox were previously set to
enable the computer's Camera and Microphone for the successful Zoom session, but the
Jit.si-specific Camera and Microphone permission settings were set as unmodifiable.
Upon exiting Zoom, reloading Firefox, and then revisiting the Berkeley Pi meetup link,
I was finally able to modify the Jit.si Camera permissions and fully join the meetup.
It was just myself and Rick M at the end of the Jit.si session.

No current plans to start using Chrome or Chromium browsers for Jit.si or for
other videoconferencing sessions, but may definitely consider using FF browser
variants Brave and/or Palemoon :-)

-Aaron