Pi.BerkeleyLUG meeting, own mini-project on an RPi

Quoting tom r lopes<tomrlopes@gmail.com> from an earlier post:
Lately I have been using just one partition mounted on /

So typical for me is
swap
EFI --> mounted at /boot/efi on Ubuntu's and /boot for Arch
(though the Arch wiki now suggests /efi but I like efistub)
Then the rest --> /

Another more software-and-configure-type mini-project is to
re-configure an RPi's own Raspberry Pi OS (RPiOS) to appear
a bit more like Windows 10 (i.e., _without_ having to
install+use Windows 10 IoT Core, according to at least
https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/02/12/third-party-woa-installer-raspberry-pi-3/ )

Somewhat similar to Tom L's partitioning scheme above, the
default RPiOS partitioning on an RPi's SD card is usually ...
~42MB to <100MB --> /boot (FAT32)
rest of the card --> /
Even better for various reasons, IMO, are to re-partition
and re-format the SD card with at least the additional swap
and /home partitions, e.g., via the instructions at
https://raspberrytips.com/format-mount-usb-drive/

The RPiOS primarily uses the /boot/config.txt file (or its
'raspi-config' frontend interface) to boot up, this as
opposed to a PC's [EFI]BIOS/GRUB options -- see
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/ .
Additionally, and since the RPiOS doesn't use a multi-desktop
manager such as LightDM, it really shouldn't require as much
effort as the below to re-configure the RPiOS desktop to
obtain an acceptable Windows 10 appearance on an RPi for
for end-users who somehow much rather prefer that option :-)

-Aaron