Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Recap of last meeting (08.16.2020)

4 of us there but one had trouble with microphone.  For some reason we all forgot
to suggest using the phone number.  I feel kinda bad now because it would have been
so easy to just call in and participate.

From now on I'll remember to post the dial in numbers.
So what you can do is dial in via phone for the audio and use the computer and/or camera
for the video.  This is what Michael likes to do.  If you do use a phone remember to mute
all (speaker and microphone) on the computer otherwise there will be feedback.

So.  I tried to share my screen from an Arch LInux with Gnome.  We thought it might be
that a chrome extension was necessary.  So I installed chrome remote desktop extension
but nothing and also tried chrome remote desktop from AUR.
Hours later I thought maybe it is because I'm on a Wayland session.  You can use`loginctl`
to see what session you are using.  So quick google search finds you need "pipewire" and enable
pipewire with WebRTC.  For my machine I found pipewire already installed and then in chrome
open a tab chrome://flags, search for pipewire and enable.

With no luck on Arch, I switched to my desktop running Ubuntu 20.04.  Screen sharing worked.
But arduino ide didin't.  I have something wrong with my python environment.  Haven't looked at
it yet.  Maybe I'll try next meeting.

Finally got it working with underpowered Lubuntu 20.04 tablet.
But still no luck with the ESP32-Cam.  I was able to upload the code using the Adafruit
USB to TTL powering the board with 5V from the cable.  But USB doesn't have enough
amperage to power WIFI.  I tried with a 5V power brick which has worked with other
boards.  I just get garbage on the serial monitor.  I'll try to find another power supply
and have another go.

Thomas