From: "tom r lopes" <tomrlopes@gmail.com>
Subject: Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Recap of last meeting (08.16.2020)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 00:54:11 -0700

4 of us there but one had trouble with microphone.  For some reason we all
forgot
to suggest using the phone number.  I feel kinda bad now because it would
have been
so easy to just call in and participate.

From now on I'll remember to post the dial in numbers.
So what you can do is dial in via phone for the audio and use the computer
and/or camera
for the video.  This is what Michael likes to do.  If you do use a phone
remember to mute
all (speaker and microphone) on the computer otherwise there will be
feedback.

Key bits on feedback/noise:
o don't have the audio output such that the microphone can pick it up,
  most notably, use headphone(s) or ear bud(s) or the like, not speaker(s)
  (at least when the microphone isn't muted).
o generally best to use some type of external microphone (e.g. on headset
  or clip-on, or with ear bud(s) set or the like).  Microphone(s) built-in
  to laptops/computers tend to pick up lots of various noise (fans,
  power supplies, typing, etc.)
o When not talking, best to mute yourself.  If doing the audio through the
  web interface, one can use the "m" (or "M") key to toggle mute/unmute,
  one can also use " " (space bar) to activate "push-to-talk" (only unmuted
  while space bar is pressed).  This can also make noisier microphone
  setups and/or background noises (more or closer to) tolerable.  If using
  dial-in for audio, best to use phone or phone's microphone to mute,
  as with Jitsi Meet, at least presently, if one is muted through Jitsi Meet
  on dial-in, at present there's no way to unmute (other than dial back in).