Re: Error Selecting Port on CHIRP

You are likely using the wrong serial port.

I assume you are using the usb cable, right?
If so it should be something like /dev/ttyUSB0.

But you should be able to see it when you plug it in.

Open a terminal.
Plug in the USB programming cable
In terminal type:

dmesg | tail

The output should have the device listed -- probably /dev/ttyUSB0

Thomas