Re: Keeper of the iso's

Sorry, I have no desire to cart around a bunch of CD or DVD installers.  Or even a bunch of thumbdrives (I've tried the thumbdrives and it is just too complicated to keep track)

Anyways the idea came to me from a discussion on SF-lug.  Person there wanted to pass the mantle.  And I asked how they did the new iso's

(I ended up replying in a private message instead of the group.  Which is how the topic about reply to behavior of mailing lists came up with Rick.  Now I see this google-group has been
changed to follow the normal mailing list method.)

It reminded me of some SciFi fantasy thing like Bilbo or Frodo holding the Ring.  So "Keeper of the iso's"

My idea here is to just carry a portable ssd.  Install a multi-boot loader that can boot iso's.  Then if someone comes to a meeting and needs install media they can either boot
directly from the portable ssd or burn (or flash) the iso to their disk.
I could carry one CD with like supergrub for those people with machines that can't boot USB directly.

I don't distro-hop at all so I don't know what to include.  Knoppix is a good suggestion, Aaron.  But I was expecting you to mention some of the distros you use.  I think you have
mentioned Antix and Duvean.  Do you think I should include those?

Thomas