Re: Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Pseudo meetings at SudoRoom

On Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 3:09 PM tom r lopes <tomrlopes@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll be at SudoRoom tomorrow and next Sunday. 11am to at least 2pm. Everyone is welcome to join me.

Might attend part of next Sunday's 2023-08-06 virtual meetup via meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

FWIW, SF-LUG -- https://www.sf-lug.org/ -- is presumably having its next meeting during the same rough timeframe as the above.  SF-LUG's virtual meetup link remains https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org

I will be working on the pile of Chromebooks. Flashing a new EFI firmware and installing Linux.
Also on the agenda is finishing the lcd upgrade on an IdeaPad 3
Note that there is no regular Berkeley Pi meeting in August as I'll be out of town.

The next scheduled Berkeley meetup itself is Sunday, August 13th and would like to attend the in-person meetup.
Am planning to bring along an older-generation Lenovo ThinkPad X240 that if nobody else is interested in Tom's above IdeaPad 3, then would be glad to donate to someone also attending the same August 13th in-person meetup..
Yep, it's the identical ThinkPad that Tom suggested I pass along.
Pluses
+ Installed OS is a regularly-updated Linux Mint Xfce 21.1 "vera"
+ Fast internal SSD drive, built-in webcam
+ AC power adapter included
+ Stored in a giveaway simple nylon satchel

Minuses
- one of the batteries somehow tends to become ajar requiring a longer-time AC power-charging once properly repositioned (am including the requisite paper clip to reset the internal battery so this _can_ recharge)
- some of the keyboard's letters are continually getting rubbed out (am including a temporary "fix" of a small bottle of standard white correction fluid used to finely paint-back-in the rubbed-out letters)
- USB mouse not included

Stream on meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG.
Thomas

Best + Cheers!