Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Pi 5 has been announced!!

The Raspberry Pi foundation has announced the newest version the Pi 5
Overview here

Newer faster CPU
Newer faster GPU
Same old gpio header
Camera and Lvds is now a combo port (x2) so 2 cameras or screens or one of each
Dual 4k displays at 60hz (yeah, right.  But I don't really care about that)
Fast USB.  Ports can do 5gbs simultaneously.
Power management.  RTC and soft power button
Pcie header. Can boot off nvme ssd  Maybe sata hats in the future can use the Pi as a NAS
Faster sd card reader

I will try to get one but the official release is not till after our meeting.

I have applied to be an official demo event but it is already been a week and I haven't heard.  They are probably inundated with requests.  So I don't expect to get the demo Pi's in time.  Look for the November Pi meeting announcement.

Thomas