From: Matt Richardson <matt@raspberrypi.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 10, 2023, 10:03 AM
Subject: Experience Raspberry Pi 5 - shipment information!

Congratulations!

Your event has been selected as an Experience Raspberry Pi 5 event and you will soon receive two pre-release Raspberry Pi 5 computers! There are a few important things to know so please read through all of the following information carefully:

  • If you haven’t already, submit your event for inclusion on events.raspberrypi.com. This is a direct link to submit a new public event listing. The information you provided on the Google Form will not be used for your public event listing, so you must complete this form as well. Please submit your event at least one week in advance so that we have time to approve it and promote it on social media.

  • You’ll receive two Raspberry Pi 5 computers with 8GB RAM, two Active Coolers, and two of your country’s variant of the new 27W USB-C Power Supply if it’s available at the time of shipping. If your country’s variant of the Power Supply is not yet available, you will receive two of the 15W USB-C Power Supply. The 15W version will work, but keep in mind that Raspberry Pi 5 will limit the current made available to attached USB peripherals. A keyboard and mouse will work just fine with the limited current.

  • Your items will be shipped via DHL courier today or tomorrow. Most of you will receive your shipment by Monday. If you’d like to get your tracking number, please let me know. I need to pull it up manually, so it just takes a little bit of time.

  • You’ll need to provide a monitor with a Micro HDMI connector to the Raspberry Pi 5, USB keyboard, USB mouse, and microSD card in order to set up a working demonstration.

  • Download the nightly version of Raspberry Pi OS image for the SD card here (username: alpha_images_rMLleFKaU password: shaeTh6u) for the latest version of the operating system. Use this file along with the Raspberry Pi Imager software to prepare your microSD card. You will not be able to use the “built-in” OS options in the Raspberry Pi Imager until the operating system is officially released along with Raspberry Pi 5.

  • This folder contains various digital assets that you can use for your event.

  • Please take tons of photos of your event! We’d love to share them with the rest of the community.

  • If you can’t run your event as planned, please get in touch with me for instructions on returning the hardware.

We hope you have a fantastic event and please let me know if you have any questions.

Matt

Matt Richardson
Community Engagement Manager
Raspberry Pi Ltd