Pi.BerkeleyLUG: Meeting this Sunday 15.10.2023 Now with Pi 5!!

Yes now we have a couple sets of the new Raspberry Pi 5 courtesy of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AYSi99pVMXtsf42y7

Meeting this Sunday the 15th from 11 am to 2pm or so
In person at Sudoroom   4799 Shattuck, Oakland, CA 94609
Virtually at meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG

My agenda will be working up a demo or presentation of the Pi 5
I want to create a Pi 5 demo event for the next week.  I'm thinking
Saturday the 21st from noon til 3pm (so as not to conflict with the Berkeley LUG
meeting on Oct 22)

My thoughts:
Run the 5 and the 4 side by side comparing (I have a pi 4 but I don't think 8GB)
Demo 2 cameras (the connector uses the small fpc like the one on the Zero)
Demo the USB3 -- maybe run a couple external ssds
Explore the pcie connector?!  How?  Connector is .5mm 16 pin FPC.  I would have to
solder such a cable to a pcie riser.  I may have an M.2  extender so that could get an
nvme drive on the Pi?

Anyways the Saturday event would be put out on the Sudoroom announce and probably Meetup
via Peter Mui.

Thomas