Toby DiPasquale on 9 Aug 2007 16:54:25 -0000

[philly-lambda] Meeting recap

  • From: "Toby DiPasquale" <codeslinger@gmail.com>
  • To: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: [philly-lambda] Meeting recap
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:54:15 -0400
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Last night's meeting was a go and a bunch of people came down to rap
FP. We had a really good time discussing various topics:

* Erlang
  * Trotter: nyc.rb has been overtaken by Erlang interest :-P
* Scheme
  * my dumbass comment about reduce() not being functional
* "Purely Functional Data Structures" and why Chris chose ML for the
code therein
* SICP (the book and videos)
* iPhones (of course ;-))
  * There's an NES emulator for the iPhone!
* Parentheses in Lisp and how it affects uptake
* Drexel vs. UPenn
* Dice vs. Rodney

We started off at Cosi and then migrated over to Sugar Mom's after
eating a bit. I think there were about ~12 of us all told. Like a
dumbass, I forgot to take pictures, so if anyone has some, send them
along so I can upload them to the group page.

Thanks to all for coming out!

--
Toby DiPasquale