AOK on 19 Sep 2008 09:31:51 -0700

Cloud Computing\Concurrency Conference: Toby DiPasquale is Speaking

  • From: AOK <aok@chariotsolutions.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Cloud Computing\Concurrency Conference: Toby DiPasquale is Speaking
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-sender:x-apparently-to :mime-version:received:date:x-ip:user-agent:x-http-useragent :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :reply-to:sender:precedence:x-google-loop:mailing-list:list-id :list-post:list-help:list-unsubscribe:x-beenthere-env:x-beenthere; bh=2BI0/RJIVY2Ly9X1DBaLNeriGMFrysSbI20LNIUBExM=; b=EL1WGCaXWr/XmD62A6qqd5dKlrUXs6neg6IJUlqV0hoLXVujFRevD+A52ByWuObIcz LrEZ/wb0NWfq/Q3zA3NqbXZDq0Y8AsjzwvmnoiRLsHwhbjkQUIso24+pgmZKHVSTaTKY eap0xi5qsE8wsIqXIrH46J7iVl6p5zUPVy6Bc=
  • Mailing-list: list philly-lambda@googlegroups.com; contact philly-lambda+owner@googlegroups.com
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

Most of you don't know me. I'm a consultant specializing in Ruby
development. I have been on this list for some time, but have not yet
made it to any talks. I hope to be able to do something about that
before too long.

I'm writing because, based on the topics members of this group have
expressed interest in, I think you would want to know about the Cloud
Computing\Concurrency Conference that Chariot Solutions (my employer)
is sponsoring next month. It's set for Friday, October 17, just
outside of Philadelphia, at the Penn State Great Valley Campus in
Malvern.

Toby DiPasquale, the founder of this group, will be speaking about
Hadoop and participating in a panel discussion about using EC2 and S3
in production.

Although it's not yet listed on the conference website, Jeff Polakow
will be drawing on his experience with using Haskell in a business
setting (Deutsche
Bank) for his presentation.

For more information and to register: www.cloudconeast.com

Below my signature is a partial list of speakers and topics.

Andrea

Topics and speakers include:

Amazon Web Services (Jeff Barr: Senior Evangelist, Amazon Web
Services)

Going Threadless (MenTaLguY: wrote fastthread, active JRuby and
Rubinius contributor, co-founded Inkscape and lib2geom projects)

Google Spreadsheet as a Platform (Jonathan Rochelle: Group Product
Manager, Google)

Horizontal Scaling with HiveDB (Britt Crawford/Justin McCarthy: co-
founders of HiveDB and colleagues at cafepress.com)

Panel Discussion: Real World Cloud Computing Experiences (Ken Rimple:
Software Architect, Chariot Solutions; Chris Cera: CTO, Vuzit; Toby
DiPasquale: Chief Architect, CubeTree)

Be the Cloud (Ezra Zygmuntowicz: creator of Merb, co-founder of Engine
Yard)

Building Scalable Web Applications with Google App Engine (Joe
Gregorio: Developer Advocate, Google)

Enter the Elephant: Hadoop (Toby DiPasquale: Chief Architect,
CubeTree)

Developing and Deploying Java Applications on the Amazon Elastic
Compute Cloud (Chris Richardson: author of POJOs in Action)