Aaron Feng on 26 Nov 2009 19:30:24 -0800

Philly Lambda December Meeting

  • From: Aaron Feng <aaron.feng@gmail.com>
  • To: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Philly Lambda December Meeting
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:30:09 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:x-beenthere:received:received:received :received:received-spf:received:mime-version:received:date :message-id:subject:from:to:x-original-authentication-results :reply-to:precedence:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help :list-archive:x-thread-url:x-message-url:list-unsubscribe :list-subscribe:content-type; bh=aQTNqjs+NhR+9+gjlCkIZlR8NZ1zkLEfrK09RA3SdYI=; b=FJg+iJM4Gb6WCYowMSbKeRrtLe41b7udb2MauBilMjnSPNs9QWmF8eiQtZvFo80s4Z IjtVJQz5xrdqACTh8GXnq0kmKcWX8UxIiu3RxGA95yjRR+87dH/Mz/22+49Fc4oL3UxS eTA9NJ29IakPxGPiZZDlO+TEIZyCVa9zA00wg=

For those who didn't get a chance to catch Angel Pizarro's CouchDB
presentation at Bar Camp or ALT.NET, he will be doing it again for us.
 Once again, I started a doodle page for the meeting, so please select
any days that you can make it.  In about a week or so I'll pick the
*most* popular date for the presentation.  Also please use your real
name so I can add you to the building's access list.

Doodle participate page:

http://www.doodle.com/8z85yyw9sh9upi28

The presentation will be hosted at the usual place, Algorithmics, 2929
Arch St, Philadelphia.

Here's the description for the presentation:

CouchDB: No SQL? No Driver? No problem
CouchDB is representative of a set of document-oriented database that
have come to the fore of the collective geek consciousness. At it's
heart it is a key-value store, but it can query into (and index)
specific properties of the documents for fast performance. What makes
CouchDB unique is it's MVCC transactional model and emphasis on using
HTTP communication as the connection mechanism. In this talk we'll
cover usage of CouchDB with a simple example, as well as look at when
(and when not) such a database makes sense to use in favor of
traditional relational databases.

Thanks,

Aaron