Michael Bevilacqua-Linn on 8 Dec 2009 09:35:00 -0800

Re: Philly Lambda December Meeting

Thanks for the presentation Angel,

Thanks,
MBL

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Angel <delagoya@gmail.com> wrote:
All many thanks for the opportunity to present CouchDB. As expected
from this group, a few errors where pointed out to me:

#1 :

MVCC is not special to Couch, and in fact most databases already use
this technique to serve read requests while a write is occurring. A
notable exception in MySQL's MyISAM storage engine, which does table
level locks on write.

#2:

POSTing a new document to the database URL will in fact auto-generate
a UUID for the ID.

curl -B -X POST http://localhost:5984/friendbook -d '{"name":
"test"}'
{"ok":true,"id":"566e349485cfddfd94471212f4808518","rev":"1-49ce25e3db701c8cb613c1fd18d99619"}

The "-B" flag is telling curl to encode the data as ASCII

Please pipe up if there were any other mistakes. Slides will be on
slideshare.net shortly. Search for delagoya and couchdb, should come
right up.

Last note, I was pretty out of it last night and forgot to leave some
cash for my beer. I owe someone a malty beverage.
-angel