BorisB on 2 Apr 2010 04:49:00 -0700

NearVerse / LoKast Help

  • From: BorisB <bbogatin@nearverse.com>
  • To: Philly Lambda <philly-lambda@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: NearVerse / LoKast Help
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:56:54 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:x-beenthere:received:received:received :received:received:received-spf:received:mime-version:received:date :x-ip:user-agent:x-http-useragent:received:message-id:subject:from :to:x-original-authentication-results:x-original-sender:reply-to :precedence:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-archive :x-thread-url:x-message-url:sender:list-unsubscribe:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=NlNWjfwCTnCT95kU6aLboAoD3w3DcNSohorzTX74DLE=; b=b09JUGZuGVmhPzaTIeOVIYhaPbVGTJBCxU2HP55g228EKZpGsanbgyOg9chf75tlpz ej9NBUYss1Zps4Gb8ozz00PQkd7WiVv7XLENkMO/11ard7mKHokyyySZxLoz6AoS6jwB KpqAf1S1QKSQMKzfjAGu/tV6Qnn4USIn2Br/Y=
  • Sender: philly-lambda@googlegroups.com

Guys,

Glad Ted Coyle got me into the group – been following the posts /
updates.  Good stuff.

I wanted to reach out regarding my company NearVerse.  We are making a
ton of progress, but are really struggling with engineering talent –
can’t recruit fast enough.  Have all the VC support and national
exposure, but need talented engineers.  I know you guys know semantic
web back-ends inside and out.  Well, we are building one around the
proximity category, and so need the combination of a highly scalable
API interface engine and algorithmically advanced, backend processing
engine.  Please send me your resume or let me know of others that
maybe interested!  We are looking broadly across U.S. for top-notch
engineers to compete for the inevitable competition from Skype,
Akamai, and Google, but definitely hope to build a Philly-anchored
team as much as we can.

For a quick backdrop, NearVerse is a mobile networking company,
speeding up media delivery rates by 5-10X and contextually organizing
the proximity environment (when nearby others).  We recently launched
our iPhone app, LoKast, on March 15 at SXSW, which allows users to
discover and share rich media content when nearby others, powered by
our networking tech.  LoKast has so far been very well received
(PCWorld (http://bit.ly/9deHcW), ZDNet (http://bit.ly/bj1lF9), Wired
(http://bit.ly/b86ALC), VentureBeat (http://bit.ly/drZNCo), TheNextWeb
(http://bit.ly/bZYpPw), TechCrunch, NYTimes, Mobile Entertainment,
Billboard).  The buzz is mostly around our notion of creating
“disposable social networks”, but the music angle is really taking off
with major music bands / labels signing-up (The Ruse, Boxer Rebellion,
Orchard, IODA, Bazaar Royale) to go “digital stage” with their fans
using LoKast.  At the end, we intend to scale this to make it a
semantic, proximity-based medium to support physical interactions.  We
just hit a new high yesterday, reaching #16 in the Social Networking
category, bypassing FourSquare and LinkedIn – just the beginning but
off to a good start.  We are venture-backed, and in midst of a major
funding round to arm us with heavy artillery for expansion…

Take a look at http://www.nearverse.com/jobs/ for a full view on
sought positions.  We are first and foremost looking for talented
engineers, highly skilled in upper and middle layers on major
smartphone platforms (iPhone OS, Android, and also on Symbian,
BlackBerry, WinMo, and Mac / Windows for netbooks) and server-side
backgrounds (Java / PHP / API centric platforms, semantic search and
algorithmic, data processing intensive backgrounds).  We are also very
actively looking for top-notch engineers with application and
transport layer protocol backgrounds (BitTorrent / custom P2P, SCTP,
PPP, TCP / UDP), distributed databases and directories and cloud
computing, innovative IP networking services, and short-range wireless
expertise, both on the client and the server / gateway side of the
equation.

Let me know.  Go Philly!!!

Boris