Nik Kolev on 10 Jun 2010 08:12:49 -0700

Re: NoSQL Summer

oops... wrong recipient... sorry

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Nik Kolev <nkolev@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike.

Thanks for setting this up. I will try to make it on the 16th. Could you please add me to the get-into-the-building list.

Thanks, -nik

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Michael Bevilacqua-Linn <michael.bevilacqualinn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello folks,

We're hosting something cool at work, a chapter of the NoSQL Summer reading group!

http://nosqlsummer.org/

The idea is that it's a reading club focused around a bunch of papers touching on distributed systems and the non-relational datastores we've come to know and love in the past few years.  Not only is it the nerdiest thing you can do with an evening (with the possible exception of restoring an Apple II so you can run your beloved BBS while watching episodes the original Star Trek), it'll be a rousing good time.

Our first paper will be the BASE paper, which can be got from here:

http://nosqlsummer.org/paper/base-vs-acid

And the requisite google group is here:

http://groups.google.com/group/nosql-summer-philly

First meeting date is Wed, June 16th from 7:30pm-830pm, on the 45th floor of the Comcast Center.  If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll add your name to the list so you can get into the building.

Thanks,
Mike