Sebastian Hermida on 29 Mar 2011 10:08:28 -0700

Re: Mongo Philly and links from tonight's meetup

Since we are sharing links from yesterday's event, I am going to pile on this thread and add the information about the code retreat that we are doing on Saturday 4/30.

You should sign up here, it's a free event: http://coderetreat.ning.com/events/code-retreat-philadelphia

In a nutshell,  it's a day of programming practice. We slice the day into 40 minutes sessions where we work on solving Conway's game of life. We switch pairs after each session, so it makes for a fun time trying new things and working with new people. We also start from scratch each time, there is no attachment to the previous solution. Kind of scary but very relaxing when you think about it.

This code retreat is language agnostic, so who's is going to do solve it in J? :)

Code retreats happen all over the world. This the second one that we organize right after Philly ETE.

Further reading...
http://craftedsw.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-code-retreat.html
http://docwhat.org/2010/11/code-retreat/
http://agile-thanou.com/?p=155