Yuvi Masory on 2 Apr 2011 09:15:35 -0700

PHASE needs your help - hosting guests for the Scala Hackathon

Hi PHASE & Philly Lambda,

As some of you know, PHASE will be hosting the first international Scala Hackathon, July 16-17 2011.
We are expecting functional programmers from around the country, and indeed around the world.

In order to lower barriers to participation we are hoping some local developers will be willing to host guests Saturday night, July 16.
You are not obligated to attend the event. We are only looking for volunteers that can provide one guest a comfortable place to sleep. You should be located somewhere that will allow your guest to get to the University of Pennsylvania (West Philly) without their own car. (I.e., you could be located close to a SEPTA station, or willing to drive them to your place Saturday night and back on Sunday morning).

Arrangements are completely between you and the guest. You can approve/reject at will.

To volunteer please email me back (ymasory@gmail.com) and provide either a phone number or email address we can post on the site. Potential guests will contact you. Once you agree to host one we will pull your info from the site.

Some guests coming from very far away (California, Switzerland) may come Friday instead of Saturday. If you would like to host a guest for two nights instead of one, please make that clear to me.

*Thank you* for supporting the functional programming community and making this event a success!

Yuvi