Toby DiPasquale on 27 May 2011 12:49:18 -0700

Re: Where to find white papers?

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Nicholas Canzoneri <ac3522@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, during the long weekend, I figured it would be a good time to read some
> papers. Only problem is that I'm having some problems finding papers that
> are available to the general public. A decent amount of the stuff I found
> through google scholar were all behind payrolls paywalls.
>
> So what are your go to places to find papers? General topics I'm interested
> in at this moment are GIS and type systems, but general topics are cool too.

I usually get mine from ArXiv, Citeseer and blogs like Lambda the
Ultimate and such. A lot of them I find through googling around on a
specific subject and following other paper's citations. Citeseer is
particularly good for that.

--
Toby DiPasquale

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little
they really know about what they imagine they can design." -- F.A.
Hayek