Lalish-Menagh, Trevor on 7 Nov 2011 06:58:47 -0800

Final Functional Fall Reading Circle on Nov. 16 at 6:30pm: The original LISP paper

Hi all,

We have one final Functional Fall reading circle for the season and we
will be reading a classic: John McCarthy's "Recursive Functions of
Symbolic Expressions
and Their Computation by Machine, Part I"
(http://www-formal.stanford.edu/jmc/recursive.pdf), which is the paper
that introduced LISP to the world.

The meeting will be on Wed. Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:30pm at the Comcast
Center, Room 45F.

John McCarthy dies on Oct. 24, 2011, so this one goes out to him, one
of the luminaries of Computer Science. Let's read his original paper
and remember his contributions to our industry.

As always pizza and soda will be provided by Comcast Interactive
Media. And beer afterwards at Nodding Head.

See you there.

Yours,
Trevor
--