Alex Miller on 2 Nov 2011 20:21:36 -0700

ANN: Clojure/West - a new Clojure conference March 16-17th in San Jose

It is with great pleasure that I am announcing a new west coast
Clojure conference: Clojure/West (more: http://clojurewest.org,
http://twitter.com/clojurewest).  The announcement is here:
http://clojurewest.org/news/2011/11/2/clojurewest-is-launched.html.

The first Clojure/West will occur March 16-17th in downtown San Jose,
CA.  Future years may occur in San Francisco or other west coast
cities with robust Clojure communities (Seattle, Portland, San Diego,
and LA come to mind).  This year I put a premium on finding the best
combination of an affordable hotel rate ($119/night) and a convenient
venue for airport, eating, etc which ultimately lead me to San Jose.

I'm really excited to put together my experience in running Strange
Loop and my own experience as a full-time Clojure developer at
Revelytix to creating a new forum for Clojure developers.  The Conj is
great and I have been in frequent contact with the Clojure/core team
to make Clojure/West an event that complements the Conj rather than
competes with it.  I think the community is large enough that we can
have two great events (hopefully more!) each year.

Please join the Clojure/West mailing list for future announcements
(Call for Presentations, registration, sponsorship, etc): http://eepurl.com/gP51T.

Alex Miller