Fecak on 5 Jun 2012 07:25:27 -0700

Philly area jobs in functional programming

I was given Aaron's blessing to post a job here, as there seem to be
few job opportunities in functional programming for the Philly area.
As a recruiter focused on the Philly software market for almost 15
years, I'm seeing an increase in adoption of both functional languages
and other languages popular with engineers but have had low adoption
rates.  Below is a listing for a client seeking Scala talent.

My client is a venture funded Center City start-up that is building a
platform for monitoring and analytics that helps their clients measure
their brand’s customer engagement.  They are a small team that is
looking to add 3-4 new software engineers.  The team is more concerned
with ability and problem solving skills than with buzzwords.  They are
using both Scala and Java (Lift and Scalatra frameworks to some
degree), and highly qualified candidates will be knowledgeable of
scaling and big data.  And they pass 11/12 of the Joel Test (no
testers currently on staff).  Salary is very competitive, and their
backing is impressive.

Email dave(at)fecak.com for more info