Allen Fair on 5 Oct 2012 09:38:53 -0700

Re: Fwd: [Tech Philly Org] Big Data event

Nifty! The link for the registration or more info is missing. I tracked it down:

http://chariotsolutions.com/events/the-science-of-big-data-oct-30th

Lalish-Menagh, Trevor wrote:

Hi all,

This sounds like an interesting event. Big data is the new hawtness after all...

Yours,
Trevor

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tracey Welson-Rossman<twr@chariotsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Subject: [Tech Philly Org] Big Data event
To: tech-philly-organizers@googlegroups.com

Hi, everyone,

Could you please send this out to your groups?  This event is only $25
and has big names attached.

The Science of Big Data - Oct. 30th

In the last few years, weâve seen a huge explosion in the amount of
data being tracked and stored. Data from purchases, web site browsing
patterns, job data, climate and financial statistics, and much more.
Your social media interactions are also available from Facebook,
Twitter, and other sources. Even governments have exposed data, for
example the Open Government Initiative.

Learn about Data Science

In this Chariot Solutions event, we turn our focus to the science of
processing and understanding huge amounts of data. Join Stuart Sierra,
Cliff Moon, Mark Headd and Tom Santero as they show you tools and
techniques for accessing data using techniques like Map/Reduce (and
the Hadoop open-source project), NoSQL databases such as Riak, and
even how to deal with streams of operational data and reacting to
network and system outages in real time.

Register today and learn about this emerging field of data analysis,
trending, and discovery.

$25 includes breakfast and lunch - Register today, seating is limited
to 50 people

Thanks,

Tracey

--SPONSORSHIP INFO (forward to potential sponsors!)--
**Sponsor-of-the-Month: $250 -- at the beginning of each Technically
Philly Groups meeting for the month in which you'd like to apply your
donation, we'll acknowledge your company as a sponsor and read out a
30-word announcement of your choice.
**Annual Sponsor: $500 -- at the beginning of each Technically Philly
Groups meeting for 1 year after we receive your donation, we'll
acknowledge your company as an Annual Sponsor, link to you on our web
site, and we'll read out a 30-word announcement for all of our
meetings that happen on the date of your choice.
--(Make checks payable to Technically Philly Groups, mail to 64 W.
Gowen Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19119)--