Michael Bevilacqua-Linn on 7 Oct 2012 16:33:28 -0700

Re: Intro / Question

Hey Rich,

Sorry for the radio silence, been crazy lately.

Seems like Amazon's elastic map/reduce would work for this, assuming that you really do need to run it in parallel.  You could spin up instances with git/svn installed and push a copy of the repos up into S3, and then use Hadoop's streaming features to write the actually map and reduce jobs in a scripting language of your choice.

At least that's probably what I'd end up doing...

Thanks,
MBL

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Rich Freeman <rich@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Rich Freeman <rich@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> Hi, first post to the group and I've yet to attend a meeting, so I'll start
> with an intro.

And apologies to the group for what appears to have been an htmlized
post with inconsistent formatting.  I don't know if that is taboo on
this list, but I used the groups interface to create it and it clearly
isn't WYSIWYG, or even WYSISYM.

Rich