Rich Freeman on 30 Oct 2012 08:17:14 -0700

Re: Intro / Question

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Aaron Feng <aaron.feng@gmail.com> wrote:
> StarCluster looks interesting I should really check it out when I have time.
> Just curious, how big is your cluster and how long does it take for
> the job to finish?

I can run 12 iterations on an 8-node m1.large cluster on EC2 on a
repository with 600k commits that is about 2GB in size.  That is with
standard EBS volumes - not the IO-optimized ones.  After a while I'd
think the entire git repository would be cached since this is
read-only access, so that shouldn't matter too much.  The first 2-3
iterations take most of the time.

Rich