Neil Kohl on Sun Oct 16 21:33:47 2005

[PhillyOnRails] Introductions

  • From: neil@kohlweb.com (Neil Kohl)
  • Subject: [PhillyOnRails] Introductions
  • Date: Sun Oct 16 21:33:47 2005

Hi, all.

I'm the manager of web sites at a large medical society. We've been a
perl shop since the web sites came in house many years ago. I've been
playing with ruby for the past eight months or so.

First (and only) rails project was a quick-n-dirty internal front end
to a large database. Not more than a bit of customization on top of the
scaffolding, really. More recently I've been rewriting a lot of our
perl tools in ruby to get a feel for the language.

Neil Kohl
neil@kohlweb.com