Erin Mulder on 30 Nov 2005 06:03:27 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] PhillyOnRails Meeting Next Tuesday (December 6)

Hey Everybody,

We have two great talks lined up for next Tuesday's meeting!

When: Tuesday, December 6, 2005 at 7pm
Where: Fort Washington Holiday Inn

First, we'll hear from Aaron Mulder about a lot of little things you
need to know to develop serious Rails applications in real-world
environments, from adapting a data model to managing test data to
interfacing with external systems (without breaking when they're not
there during development).

Next, Toby DiPasquale will take us on a tour of Ruby idioms, helping
newcomers break out of the mold of Java/PHP/Perl/C and write code that
looks and smells like Ruby.  If you've puzzled over things like {|foo|
... }, ||=, foo.bar?, rescue, attr_accessor or method_missing, then you
won't want to miss this talk by a longtime, local Rubyist.

Get all the meeting details at:
	http://www.phillyonrails.org/community/Meetings

Please let me know if you can (or can't) make it so that I can get the
right size rooom.  And of course, RSVPing will also get your name in the
hat for some great Ruby giveaways. :)

See you there!

Cheers,
Erin

PS. We could still use a sponsor for this meeting, so if your company
might be interested, please let me know.  (What better way to let a
group of smart, motivated developers know that your company is involved
in open source and looking to hire talented programmer?)