Mike Zornek on 12 Dec 2005 04:36:28 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Deployed app still needs umph

On 12/11/05 9:33 PM, "Adam C. Greenfield" <adam.greenfield@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just as a sanity check - is your vhost web root
> "/webserver/cbwebsite/releases/rel29/public"? Not a symbolic link to
> that directory (for example switch tower sets the webroot to a
> "current" symlink that is updated to point to the current
> releases/<release number>/)

This is my vhost:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName clickablebliss.com
ServerAdmin mike@clickablebliss.com
DocumentRoot /webserver/cbwebsite/releases/rel42/public/
ErrorLog /webserver/cbwebsite/logs/error_log
CustomLog /webserver/cbwebsite/logs/access_log combined
<Directory /webserver/cbwebsite/releases/rel42/public/>
    Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride all
    Allow from all
    Order allow,deny
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I'm not using SwitchTower just yet, but am following some of it's
conventions by using the releases folder.

> Also - does apache's error log say anything at startup about the
> directive? Or about dynamic fastcgi servers starting or shutting down
> when you visit a page that isn't cached? (It shouldn't, but again -
> just a sanity check)

The Apache error log doesn't seem to say anything. There was a
fastcgi.crash.log created in the /logs folder in my rails app once I
manually flagged it to run in production. All is says is when FastCGI
started and when it was asked to terminated (by the apachectl stop|restart
command line).

~ Mike
--
http://MikeZornek.com