hao.ching on 27 Jan 2006 17:03:05 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] OS X Tiger

I'm thinking of how best to install Ruby on Rails on OS X Tiger.

I'm extremely lazy, so I'm leaning towards using darwinwports to install
everything: LightTPD, MySQL, Ruby, other necessary stuff.  I've
downloaded Locomotive, but I haven't touched it.

My questions are:

    1. Would it be particularly difficult, tedious or slow to upgrade
after using darwinports?
    2. Can I use MySQL 5 with Rails?  Does it matter?  Does my utter
ignorance show?
    3. Do I have to muck around with ipfw?
    4. Am I out of line by asking these questions, even though I haven't
attended any meeting (yet)?

Thanks.

-Hao

Nguon Hao Ching
Thomson Scientific
3501 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 823-3723
hao.ching@thomson.com
www.scientific.thomson.com