Mike Zornek on 27 Jan 2006 20:46:38 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Would like to generate static file for RSS feed

I have a blog, and it is powered by some home grown Rails software. It has
an RSS feed, which is really nice. Every request for this feed however
actually goes through the rails environment. I tried to do page caching
initially, but it was appending .html to the method name of `rss` and thus
Apache wasn't serving it up properly.

Does anyone have any advice for setting up a rails app to produce static
files for RSS feeds. Either setting up page caching to using a different
extension on some occasions (and what ever code I'd need to add to
.htaccess) or maybe something else?

I really want it to live on disk for speed reasons, and so Apache can start
to answer with a 302 responses (nothing has changes) and thus save me some
bandwidth.

Thanks.

~ Mike
--