Tony Buser on 20 Apr 2006 14:18:28 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] extend doc:app rake task to Include lib/*?

I've posted this question to a few forums and have gotten no

I've never really done much with rake and I'm trying to figure out how
to add some options to the doc:app task.  For instance I'd like to
include documentation for files in the lib directory.  I can't seem to
figure out the proper way to do it short of changing the
lib/tasks/documentation.rake in the rails distribution.  After poking
around in the rails tasks, I tried creating an extended_docapp.rake in
my lib/tasks that contains this:

namespace :doc do
  task :app do |rdoc|
    rdoc.rdoc_files.include('lib/*.rb')
  end
end

But when I run rake doc:app I get this error:

rake aborted!
undefined method `rdoc_files' for #<Rake::Task:0x2299c00>

I guess I'm not referencing the task correctly?  I don't want to
overwrite the task, just want to add that option.  I can't seem to
find any documentation on extending the built in rails tasks.  Is it
possible to do what I'm trying to do and whats the proper way?