trisberg on 25 Apr 2006 14:18:56 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Ruby/Rails and Oracle

It's not so much a driver issue as an issue of the SQL your OR mapper
generates.  They could have created an Oracle 8i dialect for Active
Record, if that is possible.  The issue is that 8i does not support the
ANSI join syntax as in this example:

9i syntax (ANSI):

SELECT pub_name, title
FROM publishers
INNER JOIN titles ON publishers.pub_id = titles.pub_id

You would have to rewrite it like this:

8i syntax:

SELECT pub_name, title
FROM publishers, titles