Aaron Blohowiak on 26 Jul 2006 15:40:54 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Rails Diatribe

He holds the flakinees of fastCGI against rails, which is a stupid thing to do.  He also thinks that the people most benifiting from rails are the publishers. and here i thought it was the teams of small people doing big things...

and if writing your app in rails takes as long as it would in java, i would argue that you are either a java savant or don't know && from AND.

java programmers can be like neo-conservatives: they have their opinion and all stick together, but they don't really seem open to even admitting the profound insights that other mentalities have to offer.

that being said, he does raise some valid points: rails isn't ready for use in the old 'enterprise' way.  good! why dilute a tool that wasn't meant for that kind of application?

it is like going from BASIC to c++ and lamenting the lack of  being able to use line numbers for program flow control.

Aaron Blohowiak