Mike Zornek on 5 Dec 2006 05:32:51 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Https in Webrick during development

I have a project where the spec says I need to teach the rails app it should
redirect all traffic to use https. I found this and I think it's working
well:

http://www.busyashell.com/blog/articles/2006/10/20/how-to-force-https-withou
t-a-host-in-rails

My issue now is I'm not sure how to create a local setup where webrick can
run in https. I suppose I could add a wrapper around the solution above to
only redirect to https during production.

In my previous personal work I use some apache magic to force HTTPS on my
production server .. And then in development here run on plain HTTP. Well
this is a client and he has spec to do it in the rails app so I'm trying to
work with him. Anyone ever get https working with Webrick?

~ Mike
--
Work: http://ClickableBliss.com
Play: http://MikeZornek.com