Erin Mulder on 7 Dec 2006 16:14:57 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Dec 14th Meeting, Dec 18th Pub Nite

Hey Everybody,

Join us next Thursday the 14th for the December installment of
PhillyOnRails.  Mike Zornek is going to take us on a tour of his
e-commerce site and explain how he got it all working in Rails.  After
the break, we'll have some fun with "Ruby Puzzlers".  Compete for prizes
or just enjoy the ride as we decipher some strange and baffling lines of
Ruby code.  See the announcement below or visit
http://www.phillyonrails.org/

But wait, there's more!  On the evening of Monday, December 18th, Mat
Schaffer will be hosting the second PhillyOnRails Pub Nite.  Get more
information at: http://www.phillyonrails.org/community/PubNite

December 14th Meeting Announcement

When: Thursday, December 14, 2006

What:
   7:00pm - E-Commerce in Rails (Mike Zornek)
   7:45pm - Food, conversation, announcements, giveaways
   8:15pm - Ruby Puzzlers (see rules below)

Where:
   Fort Washington Hotel and Conference Center
   (This is the same hotel as usual, they're just not
    part of the Holiday Inn chain anymore)

Sponsor: Chariot Solutions (www.chariotsolutions.com)

RSVP: Please email me offlist to let me know whether you can make it so
that we can plan food and space.  This will, of course, get your name in
the hat for exciting giveaways.

Ruby Puzzler Rules:
  * Submit puzzling lines of Ruby code ahead of time by email to Erin Mulder
  * She'll put all the entries together in a slide deck for the meeting
  * For each puzzler, a prize will either go to the first person to
correctly decipher it, or to the person who submitted it if nobody can
figure it out