Cliff Moon on 17 Jan 2007 18:01:44 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Ruby in a JVM

When I was at JavaOne last May there was talk of dynamically typed
language support in the JVM.  From what I understand, one of the biggest
problems (and an overriding reason why there are precious few
dynamically typed languages that generate Java bytecode) is that method
invocation in bytecode requires static typing.

http://www.artima.com/lejava/articles/dynamic_languages.html

JRuby doesn't have a compiler yet, but if you'd care to track the
progress of it or help out:

http://headius.blogspot.com/