Flinn Mueller on 30 Jan 2007 03:14:11 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Radiant CMS

On Jan 29, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Colin A. Bartlett wrote:
In the last week or so I've started examining Radiant for use with a number
of potential projects. Out of the box I found it nicely done but lacking a
few features that are really necessary for use for a few of our clients.
There's no ability to reorder pages (either with a nice AJAX drag/ drop or
otherwise). That's lame.

Comatose has that.

Some of my clients will demand a WYSIWYG HTML editor such as FCK Editor or
the like. But I wrestle with that for the same reason that the Radiant
developers refuse to add support for it -- too much power in the hands of
the user usually ends up with messy results. I'm debating some kind of
hybrid home-made markup solution ala Textile but tailored to each client.

Comatose has support for Textile, Simple, Markdown, and Rdoc.

Some of my clients like WSYWIG editors also, so I've integrated FCKEditor, which I hate, because it produces shit for html. And for some reason everyone finds some kind of humor on FCK that I somehow don't see ;-) I've honestly had to explain that it is the author's initials before.

I've also been able to integrate TinyMCE fairly easy (actually about as easy as FCK), which seems to produce better html. Unfortunately TinyMCE doesn't have a free/open Image/Document manager like FCK.

<offtopic>
If anyone in the group would be interested in working on a rails based image/document manager (OR KNOWS OF ONE ALREADY IN EXISTENCE) for integration with TinyMCE I could contribute some code that I've been working on to start us off. The code integrates an image popup/ selector and is based on a drupal plugin called IMCE: http://ufku.com/ drupal/imce/
</offtopic>