Freedom Dumlao on 30 Jan 2007 15:13:38 -0000

RE: [PhillyOnRails] Radiant CMS

> No matter how much I tell clients they have to use that feature, they
> never
> do. And when they do, it usually strips out most all formatting and then
> they get upset that they have to reformat it all. I'm beginning to like
> things like Textile more and more; just have to figure out the best way to
> sell it to the client.
>
> Colin

What I generally do is use some Ajaxyness (<-fake word) to give them a
real-time preview of what they are typing. Combined with a quick textile
reference box I usually get good feedback. I've actualy had user's tell me
they find it more intuitive to use _italic_ and *bold* then to interrupt
thier typing to click a little button.