Mat Schaffer on 12 Feb 2007 19:29:48 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Sparehand

On Feb 12, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Mark Chadwick wrote:
That sounds really cool. I've been pining forever for something to execute code based on which network I was plugged in to.
What platform are you on? So far we only have it working on OS X, and probably BSD since I think they both have the same 'route monitor' syntax. I think on linux it would be 'ip monitor' but we haven't looked into the syntax of the output from that. Not sure if it's even possible on windows :)

I'll let you know once it's cleaned up and ready for inclusion into a sparehand release.

On the submissions front, I was a sysadmin for a couple years, and built up a small arsenal of scripts. I'll dig through to see there's anything cool/applicable.

Awesome. Looking forward to it. -Mat