Flinn Mueller on 21 Mar 2007 20:07:27 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] April POR Meeting - Please RSVP

On Mar 21, 2007, at 5:00 PM, patnakajima@gmail.com wrote:

I've found that rails provides for reasonably restful apps, but I think making a purely restful app just for the sake of doing so is tantamount to plastering your page with buttons declaring your code to be 100% standards compliant. It's good to think about, but obsessing over it can cancel out the benefits of having such a great rapid development tool in the first place.

That's why I got rid of it. I wanted a somewhat transparent API for the app, but it became less than transparent quick.