Mike Zornek on 2 Apr 2007 01:08:39 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Finding solutions

On 4/1/07 6:29 PM, "Toby DiPasquale" <toby@cbcg.net> wrote:

> You know, I just realized something. I've seen this convention a lot on
> mailing lists I'm on and other places and I've even done it myself a few
> times. But I can't remember ever actually finding a solution to a problem
> from a post of this nature. That's not an indictment of the poster, of
> course, just a curiosity. Has anyone ever found an answer to a problem in
> a search that hit on a "just in case someone's searching later" post?

I have. Generally speaking I think of a lot of the more technical blog post
I do as feeding the Google answering machine.

In my other work (Cocoa development) I make great use out of the user create
mailing list archive at:

http://www.cocoabuilder.com

I've yet to find a similar one for Ruby or Rails.

~ Mike
--
Work: http://ClickableBliss.com
Play: http://MikeZornek.com