Aaron Blohowiak on 19 Apr 2007 20:10:18 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Moving forward with PhillyOnRails

Instead of some kind of kickback to the group when we get business from the
site, what would ya'll think of some kind of suggested/mandatory "donation"
of say $50-$100/year for any firm that wants to be listed on the site. 10
companies @ $100 is $1,000 that can be spent on kicking up our meetings
(keg?) or our presence or whatever.

Well, fees are a good way to weed out the wannabe's, but then the value proposition is less quantifiable.

I think we should keep our booze separate from our business.

Of course any kind of $$ opens a whole bunch of questions like, would the
group need to more formally organize in order to have a repository for the
money?

Oh yes, the headaches of organization. Maybe we should just keep money out of it.

-Aaron