Mat Schaffer on 28 Apr 2007 22:42:16 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] jruby on rails

On Apr 27, 2007, at 7:58 PM, Cliff Moon wrote:
Has anyone had any experiences deploying jruby on rails yet? I've been fooling around with it this afternoon on the branch version and I must say that it's very impressive for being pre-production software. It only took a small amount of modification to get a JoR war file deployed in an app server (Geronimo 2 M4.) Anyone have anything good/bad/ugly/indifferent to say about it?

I've only gotten simple things working so far with 'rake war:standalone:create' (on jboss, tomcat deployer). I tried packaging a simple hobo app as a war, but it broke. I think it was trying to reference a ruby library that didn't get packaged in the war. I didn't spend too much time on it though. Doesn't seem exactly _there_ yet, but it's rather exciting progress.

-Mat