Colin A. Bartlett on 4 Jun 2007 14:38:57 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Hello; tips to avoid "newbie drownings in the Rails pool"...

GREG NEELEY wrote:
I had some real headaches as a "fellow newbie" with
bug in the Rails
environment on Mac OS-X.
Interesting, as I had no problems setting up Rails on OS X. Just switched from Windows. Pretty seamless.
I recommend the WROX programming book on
Rails...you'll find it at their website.
Also interesting as that's one of the few Rails books we have that I don't like much. =) The other one that's only O-KAY is the Rails for Dummies one. The Dummies book is good in that it uses RadRails to teach and if you are planning on using Eclipse/Aptana/RadRails/etc for development, the Dummies book is handy. Otherwise, I don't like either of those much.

cheers,
Colin

http://blog.kineticweb.com