Walter Lee Davis on 6 Jun 2007 17:08:54 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Meeting Recap

On Jun 6, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Erin Mulder wrote:

It would be great if new folks could respond (to me or the list) with
their thoughts on:

* Attending 6pm sessions (before the main meeting) on basic Ruby/Rails
topics (e.g. Ruby 101, Rails 101, ActiveRecord, Migrations, RubyGems)

 * Attending a long tutorial session on a different night or weekend

It would also be great if experienced folks could let me know whether
they'd still attend if we devoted the 7pm slot at our regular meetings
to beginner content.

First of all, I'm sorry I missed it last night, but my daughter was in the hospital until 3am Monday morning, and I was wiped. Sounds like it was a great talk.

Second, I would love to see more basics covered, and I would be up for 6 or 7 for the start time. My current mode in Rails and Ruby is as a sponge. I am soaking it in, trying to get a sense of where the edges are, and trying things as I go. But I could use a big leg up from the scaffold/demo end of the pool.

Thanks again to Erin and the group, I hope this grows!

Walter