Flinn Mueller on 18 Jun 2007 04:14:59 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] ha and rails

Anyone out there using postgresql with any of the various fail over/ high availability options (slony, pgcluster, etc) in a rails production environment? I'm not 100% convinced by mysql's clustering (nmdb) since 5.1 is the first to support paging. I've been looking at pgcluster specifically because it seems more developed and can run in multi-master. Does rails even have a facility to fail over to another db host? Anyone care to share their experiences with a ha rails app?