Erin Mulder on 18 Jun 2007 15:06:24 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Save the Date: July 10

  • From: Erin Mulder <meara@alumni.princeton.edu>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: [PhillyOnRails] Save the Date: July 10
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:06:07 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:x-enigmail-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; b=JL2X0u8k7oD+DXnsArTKie/mPidSr2ah8opc548SlH/O7VjLf/BA+kt/W6sAUOwebgQXjo7//1oIeKkfxflLXXKChg+UuokL6Dn6mPr/h43a6T4xR0AId9hDXRLIoyZtZhQKbhkFzRxTYYGEu7yYEErIKKvTxZaAEg83RDSQqJw=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Still waiting to confirm the room reservation, but it looks like the
next PhillyOnRails meeting (after tonight's PubNite) will be:

Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Drexel University (exact room TBA)
Food TBD (probably pizza and soda)
Sponsor TBD (let me know if you want to sponsor!)

6:00pm - Ruby 101
         A 1-hour introduction to Ruby that focuses heavily on
         features/idioms that are hard to learn by Google alone.
         (If this is successful, we will start holding 6pm intro
         sessions on a regular basis.  Experienced Rubyists can
         come early to help beginners or just show up at 7pm for
         the main event.)

7:00pm - Globalize by Mat Schaffer
         Description coming...

8:45pm - Rails Deployment by Erin Mulder
         Introduction to production Rails deployment, covering
         topics such as mongrel, mongrel clustering, apache,
         proxies, nginx, postgresql, mysql, database clustering,
         capistrano, virtualization, hosting options, etc.

I'll send out a final notice and call for RSVPs when I get confirmation
on the room.

Cheers,
Erin

PS. Check out the meetings page for other upcoming topics, including
JRuby, Email In/Out with Ruby, RSpec, Erlang and more:
http://www.phillyonrails.org/community/Meetings