Keith Fitzgerald on 26 Jun 2007 21:14:04 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] ModSecurity / PHPIDS

well i guess i [poorly] wrote two statements in that email. one dealing with run time security and one random thought about checking your application for holes pre-deployment.

regarding pre-deployment security, i imagine it would be pretty easy to check for common cases that *could* lead to xss exploits. i.e. many applications simply just trust user input and do not validate.

or for example, rails by default allows GET as well as POST submissions. an easy test would be to check GET requests are blocked in form action. unless this is no longer default behavior?