Flinn Mueller on 14 Jul 2007 17:59:47 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Joyent Connector

yup, I grabbed it last night and was up late inspecting it!

I like their localization. They include their library for handling maildir. You can see how they handle scoping too, which is cool because I always wondered if what I was doing with TRAQInventory was the "rails way" but it turns out my implementation is similar (more on that later) than their scoped_find. I'm not clear as to whether they are using mysql or postgres, in the app controller they `before_filter :set_mysql_charset` and in the bootstrap task they `sh %{createdb -U postgres81 -E UTF8 connector_development}`. There really is a lot to analyze here, I personally find the deployment and saas code more interesting than anything else but there is a lot of other stuff that is very interesting too.