Andrew Libby on 10 Aug 2007 14:51:51 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Rails/ PHP development position in King of Prussia

Good morning,

I've been attending PoR meetings on and off for six months or so.
I'm a local consultant that has been getting more and more into Rails.

A customer I'm working with is embarking on a decent sized
initiative.  They're looking to hire a full time w2 senior
developer type.  Attached is a job posting which has been floated
out to job boards, etc.

I'm involved in the hiring and recruitment process because the
hire will replace one role I've been filling.

The ideal candidate has an appreciation for software development
process, as well as experience with several development platforms/
frameworks (Rais, PHP, Java, VB, etc all beneficial).  It's also
kind of important that the candidate can work well with others.
They've got some developers in house though they are somewhat new to
rails. From my perspective it's most important to hire a
motivated, competent self learner.  I'm less concerned that the
candidate is the wolf on one technology or another.

It's a great place to work.  If I were not in business for myself
I'd take this job in a heartbeat.  They're right up there among my
favorite places to spend time working.

If you're interested, please contact me off list.  I can send you
the formal job advertisement, and hopefully get a copy of y our resume.

Thanks in advance.

Andy